After you've completed your program of study you may still have immigration reporting requirements.
If you were approved for OPT you'll need to:
- complete the OPT update form
- verify your employment and address information with ISSO every 6 months
- report your current address
OPT employment must be:
- full-time (more than 20 hours/week)
- directly related to your major field of study
- with no more than 90 cumulative days of unemployment
If you change or add employers during your OPT, report this to the ISSO.
If you received your degree in a STEM field, you may be eligible to apply for an OPT extension. Review the list of eligible STEM fields and complete the OPT-STEM packet.