Complete forms on this page using Adobe Acrobat Reader
(some forms will not work properly with Apple's Preview.app).
- I-20 Request (not for initial I-20)
- Extension of Stay Request F-1 or J-1 Student
- Social Security Number Application (F-1 or J-1 Student only)
- Certificate of Enrollment
- Letter of Invitation
- Reduced Course Load Certification for F-1 & J-1
(must be completed by academic advisor)
- J-1 Academic Training Recommendation
- CPT Packet
- Financial Certification for International Students
- OPT 24-Month STEM Extension I-20 Request
Academic Department Forms
- Form DS-2019 Request Packet (All forms need to be completed and submitted before the Form DS-2019 can be processed):
- Sponsorship for Permanent Residency
- H-1B Sponsorship Request Form
Former Students and Scholar Forms
English Proficiency Requirement for J-1 Visitors
As of January 5, 2015, U.S. regulations require all new faculty, researchers, postdoctoral scholars (and some students) in J-1 immigration status to demonstrate proficiency in English before UNL can issue Form DS-2019.
To meet this requirement, the hosting department must provide a TOEFL/IELTS test score or record a personal interview using the English Proficiency Form. ISSO needs to receive the English Proficiency Form and a digital recording of the interview (or TOEFL/IELTS score) before the DS-2019 can be issued.