New & Current Students

New Students

Now that you've been admitted to UNL, your next step is to obtain a visa and travel to the U.S.—ISSO is here to help.

See the New Student menu to the left for information about applying for student visa, what to bring with you to UNL, and what to do when you arrive.

Check-in and Orientation

Current Students

Once you've enrolled in classes and begun your formal study program, you'll be a Current Student. It's extremely important to maintain your immigration status until you graduate!

See the menu above for your specific visa type. Your classification as F-1 or J-1 dictates the rules of your employment and travel during your time in Lincoln. If you have any questions about maintaining your status or your visit to the U.S., contact an ISS Specialist.

F-1 J-1