Other Student Immigration Classifications

Other Non-Immigrant Statuses

Includes F-2, J-2, H-1B, B-1/B-2, H-4, or applicants for permanent residency.

Visitors with F-2, B-1, and B-2 status may not enroll in college or university classes. All other statuses are usually allowed to enroll.

Only F-1 or J-1 status are eligible for on-campus employment.

If you want to change your status within the U.S., you must submit the request to USCIS before your current status expires (and before employment ends, for H-1B visa holders). Contact an ISS Specialist for help in changing your status.

Students in the Intensive English Program (IEP) should visit the IEP website