Transfer Student

For immigration purposes, "Transfer" applies to students who come to UNL from another academic institution in the U.S. (college, university, ESL program, or high school).

Transfer to UNL
Step 1
Apply for admission to UNL and provide proof of financial support.
Step 2
After you've been accepted to UNL, contact the international advisor at your previous institution and request release of your SEVIS record to UNL.
UNL has 2 school codes:
  • OMA214F00217001 (for Omaha-based graduate engineering programs)
  • OMA214F00217000 (for all other academic programs)
Step 3

Check-in at the ISSO within 15 days of the first day of classes.
After your previous institution releases your SEVIS record,
ISSO will issue you a new I-20 or DS-2019 (see Step 2 above).


If you don't check-in within 15 days of the first day of classes, you will lose your immigration status.