ISSO provides immigration assistance to international students and scholars in the UNL community. The ISS staff are here to:
- help international students and scholars maintain their immigration status and comply with U.S. employment regulations;
- assist UNL departments and colleges in their efforts to hire and retain international researchers and faculty; and
- serve as a liaison with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in matters related to international visitors studying and working at UNL
International Students and Scholars, contact our office when you are:
- Arriving at UNL for the first time (Important Arrival Information!)
- Planning to travel outside of the U.S. (Important Arrival Information!)
- Planning to take less than a full-time course load
(<12 credit hours for undergrad, <9 credit hours for graduate)
- Transferring to another school
- Moving from one degree program to another
- Applying for employment
- Nearing the end of your stay in the U.S.
- Approaching the expiration date on any of your immigration documents
ISS Specialists' Consulting Hours
no appointment necessary
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Business hours 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.