If you are an international student or scholar who needs assistance in filing your tax return contact VITA LINCOLN
Bowling and Board Games!
Join us for a fun night on East Campus
Friday, April 20th 5:30-8:30
Sign up here
- Important Immigration Updates Resource Page (updated information of the Presidential Proclamation) - (last updated December 5, 2017).
- Implementation of Enhanced Security Standards for Flights Destined to the United States
- Information about scams targeted towards international students and scholars
The ISSO provides support and services to international students and scholars at UNL as well as UNL departments and colleges by:
- providing information to help international students and scholars maintain their immigration status in the United States;
- assisting university departments and colleges in their efforts to hire and retain international researchers and faculty; and
- coordinating with other on campus units to provide programming and services that welcome and assist international students and scholars transition and adjust to their program at UNL.
United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
Change of Address U.S. law requires all non-U.S. citizens* to report their change of address within 10 days of moving.
|Stephen Mattos||Associate Director|
|Alexandra Kirshenbaum||ISS Specialist|
|Natalia Meyer||ISS Specialist|
|Anh Le||PIESL Advisor-Success Coach (CEAP)|
|Stephanie Wright||Program Assistant|
|Alan Wilkins||Staff Assistant|
|Gina Russ||Global Peer Mentor|
|Abdul Al-Naabi||Global Peer Mentor|
International Students and Scholars should contact the ISSO when:
- Arriving at the university for the first time
- Planning to travel outside of the U.S.
- Planning to take less than a full-time course load
(less than 12 credit hours for undergraduate students, less than 9 credit hours for graduate students)
- Transferring to UNL from another school
- Moving from one degree program to another or changing from one degree level to another
- Applying for employment
- Nearing the end of your stay in the U.S.
- Approaching the expiration date on any of your immigration documents
ISS Specialists' Consulting Hours
no appointment necessary
Business hours 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.